UK Tax

US and UK tax laws are constantly being updated. We believe that clients should always be aware of changes that may affect them. We have therefore written a number of articles based on current legislation which may be of interest. This information should not be taken as full comprehensive advice and we highly recommend that you contact a PJD tax representative for more information.

Non-Reporting Funds

If you are a UK taxpayer claiming the remittance basis and you are approaching your 8th tax year of UK residence then you should consider the tax efficiency of your worldwide investments before they become subject to UK tax. Certain collective investment arrangements held outside of the UK can recieve punitive tax treatment. 

Read More

Non-Resident Capital Gains Tax

If you sell a UK residential property while you are resident outside of the UK, you are required to report this sale even if there is no tax due! Read this article for information on the reporting requirements and how to calculate the gain.

Read More

Overseas Workday Relief

If you are domiciled outside the UK and you arrived in the UK within the last three years you may be entitled to claim UK tax relief for any work undertaken outside the UK.  This is described as Overseas Workday Relief (OWR).

Read More

Showing 5 posts.